Whoops, a little late, but here it finally is: the potato soup recipe! It’s very easy and also verrrry delicious. After Tara introduced me to this, I probably prepare it once a week, each time served with something else. Usually some bread with some extra toppings, to make it more of a meal (like smoked salmon or some eggs). Although I must say that this soup is a meal on it’s own and it doesn’t really need anything else if you don’t feel like it. Anyway, here it is!
A bouillon cube (I always use the meat stock version, but you can adjust this when you’re a vegetarian)
Important: you need a blender for this! (Dutch: staafmixer mag ook)
How to prepare:
2. Peel the potatoes and chop them into smaller pieces. Do this also with the carrot. Add them both to the onions and garlic and keep stirring for 2 or 3 minutes. You can also add some pepper and salt now.
3. After the potatoes got some colour as well, add the water with the bouillon cubes to the pan. It depends on how much soup you want to end up with, but I usually use 1 to 1,5 liter (+ 2-3 boillon cubes). It depends on how much potatoes you’ve used. You don’t want the soup to be watery when it’s finished!
4. Now boil till the potatoes are done (i.e. when they’ve become soft enough to blend). And after that: blend away!
5. After blending, add the honey, mustard and herbs (like rosemary, thyme… whatever you think will suit it). You can blend some more after that, or just stir the mixture, whatever you prefer.
6. By now it must look like a soup. It shouldn’t be too watery, but if you think it is too thick of a mixture, just add some more water and blend again.
7. Cook it for a few more minutes and it should be done. Easy!
Don’t forget to taste it before you serve! If you think it should be sweeter, add more honey. If you think it’s too bland… you’ve done it wrong! Hehe, just kidding… Just add some salt, or pepper, or more herbs. Whatever you feel like.
If you tried the recipe, let me know what you think of it :) Enjoy!