A few days ago I was watching a russian video-stream following a capsule on a very big parachute heading towards the earth. The cameraman appeared to have a bit of trouble with focussing the image, but it didn’t bother me. I was utterly fascinated by what was happening. After almost 200 days in the ISS space station, the dutch astronaut André Kuipers came back from space. During his stay he tweeted about his adventure and updated his flickr account with beautiful pictures. It was so much fun to follow his journey! Although I must confess that I think the ISS misses a female touch.
So, what would I do when NASA or ESA would send me to space? (Hypothetically speaking of course.)[1. Although I would definitely go if they’d ask me ;-).]
- Listen to David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” on repeat. Just because I love David Bowie and seriously, do you know a better occasion for playing this song over and over again?
- Practice my moonwalk. No pun intended, I honestly think I can master that move better when being weightless than while being on earth. (It’s something about having two left feet.)
- Stare out of the window and watch the earth while having all sorts of dramatic thoughts. “I feel so small”. “It’s so beautiful”. “What is the meaning of life?”.
- I know I sound like a girl when saying this, but I can’t help it: I like pretty things. I would totally hang some stylish curtains or would opt for cuter plates and cups. I know it’s all serious business with the russians up there, but why make it look even more un-cosy than it already is?
- Tweet and instagram the shit out of my trip. Because nothing says “I’m more awsome than you” better than tweeting and instagramming from space. A picture of my cappuccino with one of the nine planets in the background (maybe even squeezing one of the many moons in there), hello! I’m just saying.
- Invent a cure to all the horrible diseases. Come on, let’s make my time up there also a little bit useful, right?
- Also, I would casually tell EVERYONE about my effortlessly bouncy hair. Retweet to all the beautybloggers and make it my beautytip. “My tip for bouncy hair is going to space. It really makes your hair look special and bouncy!” Haters gonna hate, but atleast my hair is more bouncy than theirs.
- Have a film-marathon. Ok, this is a tricky one, because I have been thinking about this for ages, but I can’t decide for the life of me which films we should watch. Somehow Star Wars seems a bit too obvious.
- Throw m&m’s in the air and actually catch them with my mouth. Pretty self explanatory.
I could go on for hours and hours… (somehow, this worries me).