A few weeks ago (during one of my many “I really need to study, but let’s just not” episodes – a rather strong one this time actually) I watched the film Ghost World. I found out about Ghost World while looking for pictures of Scarlett Johansson on the internet (I’m a creep), who apparently takes on one of the leading roles (although I think you can possibly better see her as the sidekick of Thora Birch, who in my opinion is the actual star of this wonderful film). The trailer promised me a delicious dose of 90’s atmosphere all wrapped up into 111 minutes, so I just couldn’t pass this one up. The film is based on the popular comic and tells the story of two girls with a rather cynical take on life (HA, totally not identifying right there, I swear).
It’s not a movie for everyone, in fact it is rather strange. But, nevertheless, you should watch it. Trust me. Why?
1) If you get warm fuzzy feelings when you’re thinking about the ’90. No Spice Girls, but oh boy, they make up for it in fashion!
2) Steve Buscemi (need I say more?)
3) Amazing one-liners. One of my personal favorites: “Some people are OK, but mostly I just feel like poisoning everybody.”
4) This fabulous opening scene, which makes me wanna dance and have a Bollywood themed party everytime.
5) If you really are a creep and like staring at big boobs in thight sweaters (bracing myself for all the weird google search-terms that will pop up in my statistics because of this).
6) This is why:
Because if you can wear a diadem of pink fluffy stuff like a boss, you’re awsome.
7) Or because, like Enid says: This is so bad it’s gone past good and back to bad again.